Faith Statement of Berean Baptist Church
- …in the verbal, plenary inspiration of the Old and New Testaments in the Original Autographs
- …that God created the world in six literal twenty-four hour days about 6,000 years ago.
- …that all mankind is sinful, in need of salvation, and unable to save himself.
- The Virgin Birth of Jesus Christ. He was conceived as Mary was overshadowed by The Holy Ghost without the agency of a human father.
- …that Christ died for the sins of all mankind and that salvation is by grace, through faith alone, based upon the finished work of Christ on the cross.
- …in the bodily resurrection of Christ and His bodily ascension into heaven, where He now intercedes for believers.
- …in the reality of Heaven and Hell.
- …that man was created as a responsible being and, as such, he may choose to accept or resist the grace of God.
- …in the eternal security of the believer.
- …that the local church is God’s institution to carry out the Great Commission.
- …that the two ordinances of the local church are baptism by immersion for believers only and the Lord’s Supper as a memorial.
- …in the pretribulational rapture of all believers.
- …in the premillennial return and millennial reign of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- …in the judgment of believers at the Judgment Seat of Christ and the judgment of unbelievers at the Great White Throne.
- …in the obligation of every believer to live a holy life and to witness to the lost of the saving power of Christ.
- …that God is sovereign in the bestowment of all His gifts and that the gifts with the Word and Holy Spirit are sufficient for the perfecting of the saints.
- That marriage is biblically authorized between one man and one woman only.